fredag den 24. juli 2009

Don't judge a book by it's cover...


...but we do - don't we? And that is why you need to wrap your books or your business in serious and relevant design. If you are good - you should look good... if your book, business or whatever stinks... who cares what you look like?
Today I went to a really nice restaurant in Copenhagen. I wanted to go there for a while since I walked by it some time ago. The restaurant is called "Restaurant Kofoed" and has a very clean and beautiful scandinavian decor. The concept of the restaurant is everything comes from the danish island in the Baltic Sea, Bornholm. It's works. The dishes was full of wonderful tastes and colour - small pieces of art on a plate and to top it all off, a superb service from the young waiter. But as I was done with my visit they gave me their businesscard... and then nothing made sense anymore. Boring graphics and logo, digital printed and just a poor experience on top of a great evening. I know most people probably wouldn't care or wouldn't know if they cared. When I came home I went to their website and oh my god. It's such a long way from what the restaurant is. Where is the coolness? The cozyness? The flavour? The artwork?
All this just bring me back to the book and it's cover. You got to show what you are inside. Your values or whatever makes you special, different and brilliant. People looking for a nice place to eat will probably start on the internet and finding this restaurant online is not what you wan't to spend you're hard-earned on.

Check the whole thing out at http://www.restaurant-koefoed.dk

But let me finish by saying - if you're ever in Copenhagen, this is a great place to get your "wine 'n' dine" on ;o)

1 kommentar:

Michel sagde ...

Sounds like a good case to have. You should contact them and present your story. Help them!